Friday, March 02, 2007

Day off

due to me pressing the wrong button this didn't go up yesterday as planned, my bad

Koreans are adept at brokering uneasy alliances, and such a one was reached with my contract dispute yesterday. All is resolved and the new schedule is no better and no worse than the one I was working before. I come in twenty minutes earlier and leave twenty minutes earlier. It unfortunately took almost two hours to strike that deal but most of that time for me was just spent twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the new assistant director to talk on the phone to the director. Nick had substantially more trouble with his contract, as ours have different clauses and they were trying to load at least an extra hour a day onto his back. In the end I think they reached an agreement as well, but I'll find out tomorrow.

I found out what my new kindergarten classes would be and aside from one of them being a little large I think I made out alright. I get to keep my class of favorite students, as well as the two other classes that have been at our school for a while. Nick gets three classes of all new students, some of them very very young. It seems that the school noticed how much the really young ones would stress me out and have stuck me with the older kids. Which is absolutely fine with me.
Today is a national holiday so I've had the day off work. I haven't felt especially motivated to do much (combination of factors) so its just been an easy day in with a short blog. Happy Marching Day everyone.

No comments: