Saturday, March 03, 2007

I've come to realize something about my body, it knows when I'm bullshitting it. I am fairly health conscious when it comes to diet and I'm not the type of person that eats processed or nutritionally void stuff. Never happens. Despite the fact that it never happens I drank me a fair bit of beer last night and ate some very very fried chicken. Luckily the universe seems to have survived such a logic bending paradox, and somehow so have I.

Now I'm not saying theres anything wrong with beer and fried chicken. this is more about drawing personal lines and sticking to them. Like when you promise yourself you'll not watch television but sure enough come 9:10 you're robbing a liquor store. I just get fascinated that 'things I don't eat' somehow end up in my belly. I hired a well known strength coach to write me a workout program starting next week and told myself that step one was to start eating well again.

Now after a stressful 'almost had to leave the country' debate with my workplace and some first hand experience on why long distance relationships are tough (not just an urban legend like body odor) some comfort food and some beer with my friend seemed in order.
And today I paid a little price. I was a little sore and sickly feeling and totally bombed my workout today. I'm sure that last sentiment really strikes a tender chord with all of you- or maybe it fits in the 'why should I give a shit' portion of your fact filter. I don't know. But right now I'm just looking at how my habits affect my goals.

A big thing for me is that I know that I've got eight more months in a foreign country to try to 'get my act together' (metaphorically speaking, unless I write a one act play. which knowing me is quite likely) to some small degree. I am not feeling too stressed with life at all right now (an oddity for me) but I know that the toughest thing about baseball isn't stepping up to the plate or swinging the bat- its making sure you've got enough follow through. Okay fine I don't know anything about baseball. Its the one with the fake grass, right?

Anyway the only other significant thing to happen today was that I joined Facebook, on Ken's advise. I'm heard its an evil fact gathering diabolical machine, but as long as I enter into the relationship with that knowledge I can make sure I'm the pitcher and not the catcher.

No comments: