Thursday, December 21, 2006

And his heart grew three sizes in his chest...

Major medical complicatoins of said condition aside I had a good pre-christmas day at work today. The party at oxford isn't until tomorrow (did I mention thats the name of the school I teach at? Gonna look pretty good on a resume) but the elementary school I teach at had some festivities today.

One of the classes I teach I basically just ran an english themed christmas party for, my only task given to me was to teach them a christmas carol: "I saw three ships!". You probably don;t know it by name b/c it is not terribly popular or good but if you heard it you woul know it. I was provided with a tape to teach the song with, which I managed to mess up. We heard the carol once and then I could not find it on the tape again. i must have fast forwarded and rewinded twenty times and just heard some bratty kid singing 'they'll be coming around the mountain.' But the kids seemed to find my inablility to find the track more entertaining than anything else.

I've got a wicked stomachache right now from something I ate yesterday and will have to cut this blog short as the naseua is getting the better of me. It hasn;t decided which end its comingout yet but it won't be pretty either way. some highlights of the day though were when one girl showed up ten minutes early for on eof the classes (all of her classmates were still playing soccer) and looked so bored and sad. SO I took one of the left over ballooons from the first class, put a penny inside, blew it up and drew a picture of santa on it. We batted it back and forth for ten minutes (the penny adds a randomness to its fall that makes the game more fun) without a single word being said in communication. Now when her male classmates showed up they of course wanted to play too and the first kid spiked the ball into a desk so hard the penny popped the balloon. I was afraid it would be a sad moment but I let the girl keep the penny and she was thrilled (foreign coins are huge here).

Also the following pic is of the gift that this group of classes made for me, a korean flag signed by each one of them. I only see these classes for 50 minutes a week so its cute to see that I make such an impact for them. I know thier teacher made them make it but its still sweet some of the messages they left. I'm not sure how much they know what thier messages mean, judging by the number of 'I love you"s I got. I even got one proposal on there. From a guy named Ben. But his english is good enough that I know it is a joke. Anyway I'm really thinking bed would be a good thing right baout now, but reast assured this gift somehow managed to bypass the 'no stuff nailed into the wall' agreement I made with my landlord. Not that she knows it yet.

Haven't talked to ken yet today, got an amil that he had no idea where to find a phone and was experiencing some culture shock. His director is taking care of him though and its unlikely I'll hear from him today at this point. i'll repost this tomorrow all spell checked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing a great job, Kevin and that the kids "love" their teacher. Ken's first day is tomorrow or do I mean today. Wonder how long he'll play hangman???

Anonymous said...

t's such a important site. cool, extraordinarily intriguing!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://dla-ludzi.pl/opony/s-1669/]opony[/url]