Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas is coming early this year



Well I suppose it is in the strictest sense, since I am 14 hours ahead of normal time (which i also call real time.) And i suppose it will be triply true when I take into account i got me a package from a hot little thing in Canada that looks like a Christmas gift. Heather has been all secretive about what the gift would be and I won't open it until Christmas but the customs declaration form on the box has an easily decipherable code. Roasted coffee could mean a million things though. I've gotten so used to the instant crap that I wonder what kind of sensation it will be when i finally get a real cup in me. It will make that subway ad I saw the other day ring true: "Don't Worry be Coffee."

But the original reason I was referring to Christmas coming early is that tomorrow I get me a jetlagged bushy tailed Ken of my very own. He should be getting into town sometime in the afternoon, and if he's up for it I'll go over to his neck of town and hang out. Part of me was hoping to be very fluent in Korean and be able to introduce him to everyone in the city by first name by this point. Partially b/c I know how much he's gonna pickup in his first 6 weeks here and how it will easily top anything I've done.

In any case I hope I get to see him tomorrow, I don't know if his school or coworkers have plans for him. Also i really should find time to practice for Friday. Nick and I were informed were would be dressing up as Santa for the Christmas day on Friday. I'm fairly certain that they mean two different costumes and not having to split up into head/tail sections. Both of us being in the holiday spirit we decided to throw together a few carols on Nick's guitar and surprise everyone with them on Friday. Of course I haven't played in ages and I could use a little practice. My fingertips are sore just typing now. In any case the next few days will be busy, but busy with fun stuff I want to do. And isn't that the real meaning of Christmas? Or does it have something to do with Jesus?

No comments: