Tuesday, January 16, 2007

In praise of napping

Tuesday is my easiest day of the week during the January vacation period. When you take out breaks I only work for four hours this day. I have and hour and a half lunch and get off at three. Its very nice and I wish it would last more than one more week. Ah well I'll enjoy it while I can. I didn't even have a workout scheduled today so I came home and did something I used to do a lot but haven't done in a while; took a good long nap.

Now in my former job as a trainer where 4 hour work days were the norm I used to ensure my eight hours of sleep with some good midday naps Now lately I've been a little shy of the eight hours and I was feeling it. For any of you that don't sleep for eight hours a night because you're too busy, try it for a month. You are so much more productive. the problem with a good nap though is that sometimes you wake up feeling refreshed and able and sometimes you wake up feeling refreshed and sluggish. today was a sluggish one. I've heard it all has to do with your REM cycle and not napping more than 4o minutes or longer than 2.5 hours. I clocked in at about 2 so I've been a little drowsy since then. I also still have a bunch of stuff to do so this blog will be a brief one. Hold back your tears.

My sticker supply is running dangerously low. There is only one class that I still need to use stickers as a reinforcement tool to keep them in line, but I have to make sure I have a good variety for them. Its the little guys; Edison. They're not a bad group of kids but there is just too many of them and they are restless. Now there are only nine of them, ranging from 3-4 years old, so I give mad props to any teachers that can handle more. I took the kindergarten job because I liked the hours, I knew from the get go that it would be tough. The benefit to these little kids is that they haven't really met that many people in their life and you become like a superhero to them. Anyway I picked up some stickers at the dollar store here but they are kinda crap. I have enough to hold out until I can find more at a real store (or steal from Ken). I'd hate to have to resort to proper teaching methods to keep them in line for the same reason Batman hates to resort to flying, because he can't.

No comments: